HomeThe CorporateThe BusinessMedia Room



 

 

 





 
 

Introduction

United U-LI Corporation Berhad
(Company No.: 510737-H) or U-LI was incorporated under the Companies Act, 1965 on 11 April 2000 in Malaysia as a private limited company. It was subsequently converted into a public company on 18 April 2000.

The U-LI Group had its humble beginnings back in 1978 when it was founded under the name U-Lee Trading Company. As a "father-son" partnership, it engaged mostly in engineering works and the trading of cable support system. U-Lee Trading Company later began manufacturing cable support systems, albeit on a modest scale. Within 5 years, determination and drive saw its conversion into a private limited company known as United U-LI (M) Sdn Bhd (ULSB).

March 1997 and January 1998 subsequently saw United U-LI Steel Service Centre Sdn Bhd (ULSS) and Cable-Tray Industries (M) Sdn Bhd (CTSB) commencing operations to complement the principal activities of ULSB.

The economic boom in the 1990s provided ULSB a golden opportunity to expand its business portfolio. In 1999, ULSB ventured into manufacturing of integrated ceiling systems to capitalise on the growing demand for integrated ceiling systems. Vast knowledge and experience gained throughout its operations convinced ULSB to venture into the production of steel roof battens in the first quarter of 2002 as it has anticipated a switch from the traditional wooden roof battens to more durable steel roof battens.

On 20 February 2002, the completion of the acquisition of ULSB, ULSS, CTSB and Gabung Mekar Sdn Bhd (GMSB) by U-LI marked the birth of the U-LI Group. This was closely followed by the incorporation of United U-LI Building Material Sdn Bhd (ULBM) on 6 January 2003. U-LI was successfully listed on the Second Board of Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange on 23 April 2002. Two years later, ULSB acquired United U-Li Goodlite Sdn Bhd (ULGSB) which manufactures light fitting systems.

To date, the U-LI Group's core business activities, operated via its seven main subsidiaries.

Subsidiaries

Principal Activities

Date of Incorporation

ULGMSB
Distribution of light fitting products
10 Jan 2005
ULGSB
Manufacturing of light fitting systems
14 October 2004
ULBM
Manufacturing of and dealing in integrated ceiling systems, steel roof battens and building materials
6 January 2003

ULSS

Provision of slitting and shearing services and trading of industrial hardware

20 December 1996

GMSB
Investment holding
28 March 1989

CTSB

Manufacturing of and dealing in all types of cable trunking and related industrial metal products

12 October 1983

ULSB

Manufacturing of and dealing in cable support systems and related industrial metal products

12 October 1983

Markets Served

The U-LI Group has traversed many roads throughout its 25 years of operations, and today is proud to be known as one of the established suppliers of quality cable support systems and integrated ceiling systems in the Malaysian market.

The products and services supplied by the U-LI Group are used extensively in the telecommunication, oil and gas, transportation, power generation, water-works and construction sectors while the integrated ceiling systems are used in the construction and renovation of commercial buildings.

At present, approximately 60% of the raw materials (steel coils and powder coating paints) used in manufacturing are obtained from Russia, Japan, South Korea, China and Taiwan while the balance is purchased from local suppliers.

Local market makes up 85% of the U-LI Group's clientele while export market, mainly other Asean countries and the Middle East constitutes the remaining 15%.